Amazon bring its A-game with launch of fire Tv stick in India
Amazon is upping its ante with the launch of Fire TV stick to compete with the Google ‘Chromecast’. On Wednesday, the company said in an official announcement that it intend to launch the Fire TV Stick in India.
A Prime member will also get Rs. 499 cashback via Amazon Pay. Alternatively, it could also be procured through physical retailers such as Croma and Reliance Digital too. Amazon is trying to lure its customers into buying the fire stick at a price of Rs 3,999 ($60). There is a perk for Prime subscribers too, An additional $7.5 discount.
The Fire TV Stick, touted to be Google chromecast rival has tried to stand out with various features such as built-in apps on the likes of EROS TV, Netflix, voice-enabled commands, an understanding of Hindi dialect and most important of all an access to prime video app. Wait! There are even more goodies to attract users in Amazon’s basket such as 100GB of free data on the Airtel broadband and 4G Wi-Fi connection for a period of three months.
” Speaking to Mashable, the company executives said they intend to launch the Fire TV, the full-fledged TV box and other services to India, though not as soon as many of us would like. “
Main Features of Amazon Fire TV Stick:-
1. Directly plugs into your TV’s HDMI port and boasts of 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB of onboard storage.
2. Possesses the feature of Bluetooth 4.1 that connects to remotes and game controllers. Compatible for Dolby Audio 5.1 surround sound.
3. Can serve videos upto 1080p from Amazon’s own Prime Video service.
4. A cashback of Rs. 499 to your Amazon Pay balance.
5. Voice Search with focus of Hindi accent. Amazon Fire TV Stick comes with a voice remote. One can utter the name of thing they wish to watch and it will be played.